08/01/2017

Six of Crows | Book Review

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“This isn’t a job for trained soldiers and spies. It’s a job for thugs and thieves.”


First of all, I think we should get one thing out of the way: I’m absolutely and utterly in love with this book. What a fantastic plot and characters we had the pleasure to be introduced to by Leigh Bardugo.

Second of all, let me get started on saying I have not read the Grisha trilogy (although I would love to know more about the Grisha world, I am quite worried I'll be disappointed like everyone else), so I did not know what to expect from this world and I was simply blown away by all the country differences and peculiarities that made them all incredibly unique.

But enough about that, let's talk about Six of Crows.

The book is about this group of six characters who are hired to retrieve a very valuable asset from probably the most secured and protected, impossible to break into, place in the entire land. And that's all I'm gonna say about the plot.

I don’t think I can even put into words how much I enjoyed this from the very start. Bardugo takes us on the most amazing journey, filled with twists and turns and awesome unexpected events that keep you at the edge of your seat. It is incredibly action packed and a total page turner, which I read during a trip and whenever I went exploring the city this book was all I could think about. Plus, it is accompanied by not the most morally correct characters, however that you just can’t help but root for. And probably the biggest reason why we get so invested in those characters is because we get to read from all of their perspectives (that’s also a HUGE factor of why I loved this book so much).

So let's talk about those.

“A gambler, a convict, a wayward son, a lost Grisha, a Suli girl who had become a killer, a boy from the Barrel who had become something worse.”


I think most people can agree with me on the fact that Kaz Brekker is the most amazing, incredibly unpredictable, swoon worthy bastard to ever exist and the fact that we readers get to understand him more than the people in the book just made me extremely overprotective of him.
The rest of his crew tho is equally as amazing.
Inej is definitely my second favourite one, although as I said I love them all. I'm extremely happy that we got yet another strong willed female badass with outstanding skills but never without the most beautiful heart, that felt so connected to life and made me have her as probably the one I rooted for the most.
Then we've got Jesper, the biggest gambler in all the land, that I couldn't help but wanna scream at whenever he unintentionally screwed up (poor guy, he's so aloof he makes feel for him).
Nina, the most beautiful and fierceful of the crew, badass and just so amazing to read about.
Wylan, perhaps the most human of them all, that brings such light to the plot and that I couldn't help but love.
And lastly we have Matthias, the one I was lest keen about for most of the book but regardless he was an awesome person to read about, whom by the end I was rooting for too.

Even though the plot is so incredible, this book wouldn't be what it is without all these unique characters, that bring so many different aspects to this incredible story. And Leigh Bardugo made sure you could know exactly whose point of view you were reading from since all of them had such different voices.

So please do yourself a favor and go pick up this amazing book :)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário